Are you considering getting started in a career in graphic arts?
You could very well completely change your personal life from casually sketching on a piece of paper at house as a hobby to employed in a real job in visual design or art by completing some training courses in visual arts and design. The job options for artsy folks with some hi-tech credentials has never been more enticing.
So regardless of whether you want to get a job at a big design agency or just start off as a freelancer, you’ll enjoy employing your artistic skill in the business market and receiving a good paycheck.
Graphic Arts and Design Work Profiles
Visual designers make use of illustration software programs to put together conceptual imagery for a whole range of business communications. Design pros strategize over the cognitive, community, and social elements of the target market as they layout and present visual information.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that employment of design specialists is expected to increase by 10 percent here in this upcoming decade. This means there could potentially be 30,000 brand new job opportunities through 2024. The better spaces will be given to candidates with some proper education teaching and actual experience building Internet web pages and interactive new media.
Education and Coursework Options
Beginner jobs within this field often mandate proper study in essential fine art and design basics. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design recognizes over 200 post secondary establishments with programs by which pupils may attain an associate, bachelor’s, or even a graduate degree in graphic design.
Additionally, trainees regularly receive thorough modules in popular computer applications that manipulate photos and drawings, including applications created by Adobe and Microsoft. Programs are available to participants in both of the distance learning and original campus formats, and each method of study possesses its own range of positive factors.
What exactly is the initial move?
Build up your creative future with a good education at a classroom in your area. Or simply work on your degree how and where you wish by participating in online classes.
Earning your degree requires work, but you can make it happen even around your hectic schedule.
You could take a few minutes and check into some possible schools.
We have a list of affordable options:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Web Design & Interactive Media (AS)
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV
Look at other choices and investigate other school programs.