Are you considering a career in the graphic arts field?
You could possibly completely transform your everyday life from drawing on paper at your home as a way to pass the time to working in a job in visual design or art by taking a handful of training courses in visual art and design. The employment opportunities for resourceful young folks with some technology education has never been more stronger.
And regardless of whether you opt to take a position with a big local company or work on your own as a freelancer, you’ll really enjoy using your art ability in the business market and getting paid a fair salary.
Graphic Arts and Design Career Profile
Visual designers utilize computer illustration software applications to put together functional images for a wide mix of commercial communications. Design teams strategize over the psychological, ethnic, and societal criteria of the audience as they construct and communicate visual material.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics documents that use of designers is planned to climb by 10 percent or so in this upcoming ten years. And so there could potentially be 30,000 new job opportunities through 2023. The finest positions will be given to candidates who have some formal school coaching and hands-on experience working with web pages and interactive media content.
Education and Diploma Choices
Starter spots in this area ordinarily need proper study in rudimentary fine art and design basics. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits over 200 post-secondary organizations with courses by which pupils might attain an associate, bachelor’s, or possibly a master’s degree in design.
Also, enrollees ordinarily receive comprehensive sessions in the most used proprietary software products that alter drawings and photos, such as software manufactured by Microsoft and Adobe. Programs are readily available to pupils in both of the distance education and conventional campus structures, with each approach to study possesses its own list of positive factors.
What’s my initial action?
Create your creative work career with a strong education from a classroom close to you. Or maybe work towards your degree how and where you like by joining in online training courses.
Earning a degree takes work, but you can get it done around your current hectic schedule.
You can take a few minutes and look at some possible schools.
Begin your research here:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Design Management (BS)
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- 3D Imaging & Animation
The Cinema Production Program focuses on the theory, art, craft and practical application of Film Making. Students will learn screenwriting, directing, producing, production design, cinematography, post-production and marketing & distribution.
- Cinema Production
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Pick a different program in Nashville or Memphis. Look into different college majors.