So, you’re thinking about going to school for a graphic arts degree?
You could very well totally change your personal life from simply sketching on paper at home as a leisure activity to being employed in a job in commercial art by completing a few training classes in visual art and design. The job opportunities for resourceful women and men with some tech education has never been more attractive.
And whether you select to go to work with a local firm or just start off as a freelancer, you will really like utilizing your creative talent in the business world and having a good income.
Graphic Art Designer Occupation Profile
Graphical artists use computer illustration software programs to develop visual messages for a vast variety of commercial communications. Design experts plan the cognitive, community, and social variables of the target audience as they develop and present visual information.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that utilization of design specialists is projected to grow by about eight to twelve percent or so in this ten years. And so there could likely be 30,000 extra jobs through 2024. The prime jobs will go to job applicants with some proper school instruction and actual experience developing web pages and interactive new media.
Education and Coursework Options
Starter jobs in this industry traditionally call for formal training in fundamental fine art and design. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits approximately 250 post secondary organizations with courses by which learners can attain an associate, bachelor’s, or even graduate diploma in graphic design.
Generally, students regularly receive in-depth lessons in several proprietary software products that alter photos and drawings, such as applications made by Adobe and Microsoft. Tutorials are offered to students in both the distance learning and old fashioned campus models, and each method for learning has its own list of benefits.
What’s the first move?
Build up your artistic work career with a great education at a classroom in your town. Or perhaps work on your degree where and when you want by taking part in online training classes.
Getting a diploma calls for work, but you can get it done even around your current schedule.
You might take a few minutes and have a look at a few potential schools.
Start with this list:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Design & Technical Graphics (BS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- And more...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Maybe this is just not the right field. There is other career training in Rhode Island.