So, you’re thinking about becoming a graphic arts major?
You can possibly reinvent your life from randomly drawing on paper at your home as a way to pass the time to employed in a real job in commercial art by enrolling in some courses in visual art and design. The employment market for resourceful folks with computer and technology skills has never been more stronger.
So whether you want to take a job at a big local firm or just decide to go on your own as a freelancer, you will like making use of your creative abilities in the business market and earning a competitive salary.
Visual Art and Design Employment Profile
Graphical artists work with illustration software packages to produce functional imagery for a variety of organization communications. Design consultants strategize over the psychological, cultural, physical, and social aspects of their target market as they layout and deliver visual information.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that utilization of graphic designers is expected to increase by 10 percent or so here in this decade. This means there could likely be 30,000 additional jobs through 2023. The prime positions will be given to prospects with some formal school coursework and past experience editing Online web pages and interactive multimedia.
Training and Degree Options
Entry-level positions in this industry normally ask for students with some formalized coursework in primary fine art and design. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design recognizes about 250 post secondary organizations with training programs where trainees might be bestowed an associate, bachelor’s, or graduate diploma in graphic design.
In addition, enrollees regularly receive thorough classes in the most popular computer applications that shape drawings and photos, which include those created by Microsoft and Adobe. Sessions are readily available to students in both the distance learning and standard campus platforms, with each method of study has its own list of benefits.
What’s the first move?
Construct your innovative career with a great education from a university campus close to you. Or perhaps work for your certification where and how you like by participating in online training courses.
Receiving your degree requires work, but you can still accomplish it around your hectic schedule.
You might take a moment and look at some possible schools.
We have built a list of schools:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Web Design and Interactive Media (BA)
- And more...
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Graphic Design - Associate in Specialized Technology
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- BBA, Fashion Marketing & Mgmt
- BS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Not sure if this is really the right career move today? See more at this Pennsylvania page.