So, you’re thinking about becoming a graphic arts major?
You can possibly reinvent your life from randomly drawing on paper at your home as a way to pass the time to employed in a real job in commercial art by enrolling in some courses in visual art and design. The employment market for resourceful folks with computer and technology skills has never been more stronger.
So whether you want to take a job at a big local firm or just decide to go on your own as a freelancer, you will like making use of your creative abilities in the business market and earning a competitive salary.
Visual Art and Design Employment Profile
Graphical artists work with illustration software packages to produce functional imagery for a variety of organization communications. Design consultants strategize over the psychological, cultural, physical, and social aspects of their target market as they layout and deliver visual information.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that utilization of graphic designers is expected to increase by 10 percent or so here in this decade. This means there could likely be 30,000 additional jobs through 2023. The prime positions will be given to prospects with some formal school coursework and past experience editing Online web pages and interactive multimedia.
Training and Degree Options
Entry-level positions in this industry normally ask for students with some formalized coursework in primary fine art and design. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design recognizes about 250 post secondary organizations with training programs where trainees might be bestowed an associate, bachelor’s, or graduate diploma in graphic design.
In addition, enrollees regularly receive thorough classes in the most popular computer applications that shape drawings and photos, which include those created by Microsoft and Adobe. Sessions are readily available to students in both the distance learning and standard campus platforms, with each method of study has its own list of benefits.
What’s the first move?
Construct your innovative career with a great education from a university campus close to you. Or perhaps work for your certification where and how you like by participating in online training courses.
Receiving your degree requires work, but you can still accomplish it around your hectic schedule.
You might take a moment and look at some possible schools.
We have built a list of schools:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design & Foundation for Design (D)
- And more...
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Computer Graphics and Design
- Diploma-Computer Graphics Specialist
- Associate Degree-Web Design
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Graphic Design - Associate in Specialized Technology
Not sure if this is really the right career move today? See more at this Pennsylvania page.