Is a career in graphic arts something you are considering?
You could transform your everyday life from merely drawing on a piece of paper at home as a hobby to performing in a real job in visual design or art by enrolling in a few training courses in graphic arts and design. The job arena for inventive folks with technology skill sets has never been more enticing.
And regardless of whether you select to take a position at a big graphics firm or just decide to work on your own as a freelance worker, you will like utilizing your creative ability in the business environment and earning a competitive salary.
Graphic Art and Design Occupation Profile
Visual designers employ computer illustration software programs to create functional messages for a variety of organization communications. Design teams come up with the cognitive, community, physical, and societal variables of the target market as they plan and present visual information.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that recruitment of design specialists is estimated to rise by about 8 to 12 percent in this upcoming decade. And so there could likely be 30,000 additional jobs through 2024. The preferred opportunities will go to candidates who have some formal education instruction and actual experience editing Internet web pages and interactive media content.
Training and Diploma Options
Entry opportunities within this area frequently will ask for proper training in standard fine art and design essentials. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design acknowledges roughly 250 post-secondary institutions with training programs where learners might earn an associate, bachelor’s, or even master’s degree in art or design.
Generally, participants commonly enroll in intensive courses in the most popular proprietary software programs that shape photos and drawings, which include those produced by Adobe and Microsoft. Sessions are available to pupils in both of the distance learning and traditional campus formats, and each method of training possesses its own list of positive factors.
What exactly is the initial step?
Create your innovative employment future with the specialty education at a classroom in your area. Or even work toward your degree when and where you like by participating in web-based training classes.
Completing a degree takes hard work, but you can get it done even with your current hectic daily schedule.
You should take a moment and find a couple of schools.
We have put together a list:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Not sure if this is the way to go? Check out details on teaching careers at this page.