Thinking about becoming a graphic arts major?
You can potentially reinvent your life from drawing on a piece of paper at home as a diversion to performing in a job in commercial art by enrolling in a few training classes in visual art and design. The job choices for creative men and women with some software education has never been more enticing.
So whether you select to get a job at a big graphics firm or maybe start off as a freelance worker, you might really like making use of your art talents in the business market and earning a good salary.
Graphic Art Designer Employment Profiles
Graphic artists use illustration software packages to create conceptual images for a wide variety of commercial communications. Design teams strategize over the mental, ethnic, and social components of their specific audience as they design and deliver visual information.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that utilization of visual design specialists is forecasted to increase by about eight to twelve percent during this decade. This means there could possibly be 30,000 more employment opportunities through 2023. The prime spaces will be given to those with some formal school instruction and experience building web pages and interactive media.
Preparation and Degree Choices
Entry spots in this line of business traditionally ask for students with some proper classes in elementary art and design concepts. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design acknowledges roughly 250 post secondary establishments with training programs by which enrollees could acquire an associate, bachelor’s, or possibly a graduate diploma in design.
Additionally, participants regularly enroll in in-depth classes in popular software products that control drawings and photos, such as programs developed by Adobe and Microsoft. Courses are available to enrollees in both of the web-based and standard campus structures, with each method of training has its own set of positive benefits.
What’s my very first action?
Build your innovative career with a great education at a classroom in your area. Or simply work on your certification where and how you like by joining in online curriculum.
Realizing a diploma demands effort, but you can make it happen even with your current daily schedule.
You may take one minute and check out a couple of possible schools.
Take a look at these options:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design & Foundation for Design (D)
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Check out other career options. Continue to see more about teaching programs.