Graphic arts can be a great career – is it right for you?
You could completely transform your everyday life from sketching on a piece of paper at your home as a way to pass the time to performing in a real job in commercial art by enrolling in a few training classes in visual art and design. The employment arena for creative young folks with some computer and technology competence has never been more desirable.
And whether you want to start working with a local company or just decide to set off as a freelance worker, you might enjoy making use of your creative skills in the business market and collecting a competitive paycheck.
Graphic Arts and Design Work Profile
Visual artists utilize illustration software programs to develop conceptual imagery for a broad variety of commercial communications. Design teams come up with the cognitive, community, and societal criteria of the audience as they layout and communicate visual information.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics documents that utilization of graphic designers is projected to go up by close to 8 to 12 percent in this ten years. This means there could potentially be 30,000 new job positions through 2024. The top spaces will be presented to job candidates with formal education courses and actual experience developing web pages and interactive new media.
Training Programs and Diploma Options
Beginner jobs in this subject generally demand formal courses in elementary fine art and design essentials. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits approximately 250 post secondary establishments with training programs by which trainees could be granted an associate, bachelor’s, or even a master’s degree in graphic design.
Moreover, participants commonly take comprehensive sessions in several software programs that alter drawings and photos, which include software made by Microsoft and Adobe. Tutorials are offered to students in both of the distance education and regular campus formats, with each manner of study has its own list of benefits.
What exactly is my initial step?
Create your innovative work future with a good education at a university campus in your city. Or else work towards your degree how and when you wish by going to online training courses.
Receiving your diploma entails effort, but you can make it happen around your current busy schedule.
You may take one minute and explore some possible schools.
Take a look at these schools:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design & Foundation for Design (D)
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Graphics, Multimedia and Web Design
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- AAS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- BBA, Fashion Marketing & Mgmt
- BS in Fashion Marketing & Management
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Maybe this isn’t your career field. Click here to see more.