Graphic arts can be a great career – is it right for you?
You could completely transform your everyday life from sketching on a piece of paper at your home as a way to pass the time to performing in a real job in commercial art by enrolling in a few training classes in visual art and design. The employment arena for creative young folks with some computer and technology competence has never been more desirable.
And whether you want to start working with a local company or just decide to set off as a freelance worker, you might enjoy making use of your creative skills in the business market and collecting a competitive paycheck.
Graphic Arts and Design Work Profile
Visual artists utilize illustration software programs to develop conceptual imagery for a broad variety of commercial communications. Design teams come up with the cognitive, community, and societal criteria of the audience as they layout and communicate visual information.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics documents that utilization of graphic designers is projected to go up by close to 8 to 12 percent in this ten years. This means there could potentially be 30,000 new job positions through 2024. The top spaces will be presented to job candidates with formal education courses and actual experience developing web pages and interactive new media.
Training Programs and Diploma Options
Beginner jobs in this subject generally demand formal courses in elementary fine art and design essentials. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits approximately 250 post secondary establishments with training programs by which trainees could be granted an associate, bachelor’s, or even a master’s degree in graphic design.
Moreover, participants commonly take comprehensive sessions in several software programs that alter drawings and photos, which include software made by Microsoft and Adobe. Tutorials are offered to students in both of the distance education and regular campus formats, with each manner of study has its own list of benefits.
What exactly is my initial step?
Create your innovative work future with a good education at a university campus in your city. Or else work towards your degree how and when you wish by going to online training courses.
Receiving your diploma entails effort, but you can make it happen around your current busy schedule.
You may take one minute and explore some possible schools.
Take a look at these schools:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design & Foundation for Design (D)
- And more...
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Island Drafting and Technical Institute was founded in 1957, and is staffed by faculty members who have had professional and practical experience in the Engineering, Architectural, CADD (Computer Aided Drafting/Design) and Computer and Electronics fields. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and is authorized to confer two-year Associate degrees by the New York State Board of Regents.
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Architectural Design
- AutoCad for Professionals
Maybe this isn’t your career field. Click here to see more.