Has the graphic arts career field always interested you?
You may well completely transform your life from drawing on a sheet of paper at your house as a way to pass the time to working in a real job in commercial art by completing a handful of college classes in visual arts and design. The employment arena for artistic folks with some technology education has never been more enticing.
And regardless of whether you want to take a position at a big design agency or just go on your own as a freelance worker, you’ll like employing your art talents in the business environment and having a good income.
Visual Arts and Design Occupation Profiles
Visual artists utilize illustration software to generate visual images for a broad variety of business communications. Design pros strategize over the intellectual, cultural, physical, and social components of their market as they layout and express visual messages.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics claims that recruitment of visual media specialists is estimated to climb by 10 percent during this decade. So there could potentially be 30,000 brand new jobs through 2022. The ideal spaces will be given to prospects who have some proper education coursework and experience building Online web pages and interactive media channels.
Preparation and Diploma Choices
Starting openings in this line of business generally want students with some proper coursework in essential art and design essentials. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design acknowledges over 200 post-secondary establishments with programs where students could be bestowed an associate, bachelor’s, or even master’s qualification in art or design.
Also, students normally receive thorough classes in the most used proprietary software packages that manipulate photos and drawings, such as those made by Microsoft and Adobe. Programs are readily available to participants in both of the distance education and old-school campus platforms, and each method of training possesses its own collection of benefits.
What is my very first step?
Develop your imaginative job future with a great education at a college campus in your city. Or simply work toward your diploma how and when you wish by enrolling in online training classes.
Receiving your diploma demands effort, but you can accomplish it even with your current hectic daily schedule.
You might take a few minutes and see a few potential schools.
There are some good options:
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- BFA, Graphic Design
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design & Foundation for Design (D)
- And more...
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
A Newark student will have more job training alternatives. Look for information on NJ diploma programs.