Do you have an interest in becoming a graphic artist?
You might completely transform your daily life from randomly sketching on paper at home as a hobby to earning a living in a real job in commercial art by taking a handful of training courses in graphic arts and design. The employment opportunities for creative individuals with some technology skills has never been more attractive.
So regardless of whether you decide to go to work with a design firm or open up shop as a freelance worker, you will enjoy using your art talents in the business environment and being paid a good income.
Visual Art and Design Occupation Profile
Graphic designers make use of computer illustration software programs to make visual images for a vast variety of organization communications. Design specialists plan the cognitive, cultural, and societal aspects of their market as they create and communicate visual information.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment of graphic artists is planned to advance by close to 10 percent or so within this coming ten years. And so there could probably be 30,000 new job opportunities through 2022. The prime prospects will go to job candidates who have some formal education classes and hands-on experience dealing with Online web pages and interactive multimedia.
Instruction and Diploma Options
Entry opportunities in this subject usually will ask for proper study in elementary fine art and design essentials. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits approximately 250 post secondary organizations with training programs where participants could attain an associate, bachelor’s, or even graduate diploma in art or design.
Generally, participants typically enroll in in-depth classes in several software packages that manipulate photos and drawings, which include those made by Adobe and Microsoft. Courses of study are available to students in both of the distance learning and traditional campus formats, with each approach to study has its own range of positive factors.
What exactly is my first action?
Create your artistic employment future with the specialty education at a school campus close to you. Or perhaps work toward your gradation when and where you want by joining in online instruction.
Completing a diploma demands effort, but you can still make it happen even with your existing schedule.
You could take one minute and look at a few potential schools.
Schools you might consider:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- DEC Interior Design
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV
A student in MS has more career training alternatives – Nursing Schools Online