Are you interested in a new career as a graphic artist?
You can potentially reinvent your everyday life from drawing on a piece of paper at your house as a way to pass the time to getting hired in a real job in commercial art by completing a handful of college classes in graphic arts and design. The employment opportunities for resourceful folks with some technology competency has never been more appealing.
And regardless of whether you select to sign up at a design agency or just go on your own as a freelancer, you could enjoy making use of your art ability in the business market and being paid a fair salary.
Graphic Arts and Design Occupation Profile
Graphical designers employ computer illustration software applications to build conceptual images for a wide mix of commercial communications. Design professionals strategize over the intellectual, community, and social components of their market as they plan and deliver visual information.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that recruitment of designers is forecast to go up by about eight to twelve percent here in this upcoming ten years. So there could likely be 30,000 more jobs through 2024. The preferred prospects will be presented to those with formal education classes and hands-on experience working with web pages and interactive media content.
Education and Degree Choices
Beginner openings in this subject commonly demand formal courses in essential fine art and design concepts. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design recognizes approximately 250 post secondary establishments with programs by which enrollees may be bestowed an associate, bachelor’s, or possibly a graduate qualification in graphic design.
Generally, trainees usually receive thorough lessons in various software applications that alter drawings and photos, such as programs produced by Adobe and Microsoft. Courses of study are offered to pupils in both the distance education and old-school campus models, with each method of training possesses its own set of positive factors.
What exactly is the initial move?
Construct your imaginative career with a good education from a university campus near you. Or simply work on your diploma how and where you wish by attending online classes.
Completing your diploma requires work, but you can get it done even with your current schedule.
You should take a few minutes and look into a couple of schools.
Choices to consider:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV
A Minneapolis or St Paul student could decide to enroll for a field of study different from this one. Look at healthcare training programs in the Twin Cities.