Are you thinking about earning a graphic arts degree?
You could very well totally change your personal life from merely drawing on a piece of paper at home as a diversion to getting hired in a job in visual design or art by completing a handful of college classes in graphic art and design. The job market for imaginative individuals with some tech capabilities has never been more enticing.
And regardless of whether you want to start working at a big advertising agency or just decide to go on your own as a freelancer, you might really enjoy using your art skills in the business market and getting a good salary.
Visual Arts and Design Employment Profiles
Graphic artists work with illustration software packages to build functional imagery for a wide variety of organization communications. Design consultants come up with the cognitive, cultural, physical, and social components of the target market as they create and express visual material.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that employment of visual media specialists is expected to escalate by about 10 percent in this upcoming decade. This means there could possibly be 30,000 extra positions through 2022. The preferred jobs will be presented to prospects who have some proper education training and experience editing web pages and interactive media.
Instruction and Degree Choices
Beginning spots in this area traditionally need proper coursework in basic fine art and design concepts. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design acknowledges over 200 post-secondary organizations with training programs by which students can be bestowed an associate, bachelor’s, or possibly a master’s degree in graphic design.
Additionally, students ordinarily take broad sessions in popular proprietary software applications that manipulate photos and drawings, such as programs developed by Microsoft and Adobe. Sessions are available to pupils in both of the online learning and classic campus models, and each method of training possesses its own collection of positive benefits.
What’s the very first action?
Help make your imaginative job future with the right education at a college campus in your town. Or work on your certification where and how you want by participating in online training classes.
Getting a degree will involve energy and effort, but you can still get it done around your current hectic schedule.
You may take one minute and check some potential schools.
Here is our current list:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Graphic Design (BS)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- Web Design & Interactive Media (AS)
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
A Detroit college student can pick from a variety of fields and majors. Look at different career training in MI.