Being a graphic artist can be a good career, but is it right for you?
You could completely change your everyday life from casually drawing on a piece of paper at home as a way to pass the time to performing in a job in commercial art by enrolling in a handful of classes in visual arts and design. The job sector for inventive women and men with tech training has never been more attractive.
So whether you choose to go to work with a big local company or maybe work on your own as a freelance worker, you might really enjoy utilizing your art talent in the business environment and having a competitive wage.
Graphic Art Designer Work Profile
Visual designers employ illustration software programs to put together visual messages for a vast variety of commercial communications. Design experts strategize over the mental, community, and social components of their audience as they plan and express visual messages.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics documents that use of graphic designers is forecast to escalate by about 8 to 12 percent within this next ten years. So there could potentially be 30,000 more job opportunities through 2023. The choice offers will be presented to individuals with proper school coaching and actual experience editing web pages and interactive multimedia.
Instruction and Degree Choices
Starter openings within this subject usually will ask for formalized training in rudimentary art and design essentials. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design acknowledges roughly 250 post secondary organizations with programs by which participants might be granted an associate, bachelor’s, or even a graduate diploma in graphic design.
In addition, participants regularly enroll in broad sessions in the most used proprietary software products that control photos and drawings, including applications built by Adobe and Microsoft. Classes are available to students in both the distance learning and classic campus formats, with each method of learning features its own list of positive factors.
What exactly is my initial move?
Grow your artistic job future with the specialty education at a classroom in your city. Or even work towards your degree where and when you want by enrolling in online classes.
Earning your diploma calls for work, but you can still accomplish it around your busy schedule.
You can take a few minutes and see some KY schools.
Take a look at some choices:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic & Web Design (AA)
- Media Arts and Animation (BFA)
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *Excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Web Design & Application Development Certificate
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Art in Computer Graphic Design
Antonelli College has been a well-known member of the visual arts community in Cincinnati, Ohio, since 1947. Our mission is to empower individuals by providing quality, focused education and the development of life-changing skills.
The primary goal of Antonelli College is to create an environment that prepares each graduate to become a qualified professional and a well-rounded individual.
- Interior Design
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV
The Cinema Production Program focuses on the theory, art, craft and practical application of Film Making. Students will learn screenwriting, directing, producing, production design, cinematography, post-production and marketing & distribution.
- Cinema Production
It could be that you aren’t really set for a career as a designer. Earn a degree in something else or just take some courses that can get you ready for a different career – http://TradeSchoolsOnline.com