Thinking about majoring in graphic arts?
You could very well totally transform your everyday life from merely sketching on a piece of paper at home as a leisure activity to getting employed in a job in visual design or art by enrolling in a few training classes in visual arts and design. The job options for artistic folks with some software abilities has never been more enticing.
So regardless of whether you opt to work with a big advertising agency or just go on your own as a freelance worker, you may like making use of your artistic skill in the business market and being given a competitive paycheck.
Visual Arts and Design Career Profile
Visual artists use illustration software programs to come up with visual imagery for a wide variety of commercial communications. Design pros plan the mental, community, and social elements of their market as they design and deliver visual messages.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics claims that recruitment of designers is estimated to rise by close to 8 to 12 percent or so in this coming ten years. This means there could potentially be 30,000 more employment opportunities through 2024. The better prospects will go to those with some formal school courses and hands-on experience building Online web pages and interactive multimedia.
Training and Degree Choices
Starting spots within this subject typically demand formalized classes in essential fine art and design concepts. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design acknowledges over 200 post secondary establishments with programs in which learners may acquire an associate, bachelor’s, or even a graduate diploma in graphic design.
In addition, students usually receive comprehensive sessions in popular proprietary computer programs that shape photos and drawings, which include programs produced by Microsoft and Adobe. Tutorials are readily available to pupils in both of the distance education and original campus layouts, and each manner of training possesses its own range of positive benefits.
What is my very first move?
Build your creative career with a great education at a classroom in your city. Or maybe work towards your diploma how and where you want by joining in online training courses.
Earning a diploma will require effort, but you can make it happen even with your current busy schedule.
You could take a second and evaluate a couple of schools.
Schools in this category:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting