Do you have an interest in working as a graphic artist?
You might transform your everyday life from drawing on paper at home as a way to pass the time to performing in a real job in commercial art by taking some courses in graphic arts and design. The employment arena for artsy folks with tech knowledge has never been more stronger.
And whether you select to get a job at a local company or simply open up shop as a freelance worker, you might enjoy making use of your creative skills in the business market and getting a fair salary.
Visual Art and Design Occupation Profiles
Visual designers use computer illustration software programs to come up with visual imagery for a wide range of commercial communications. Design experts come up with the psychological, cultural, and societal variables of the target audience as they develop and express visual messages.
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics claims that utilization of visual media specialists is predicted to improve by about eight to twelve percent or so here in this decade. This means there could likely be 30,000 more jobs through 2022. The best spaces will be given to candidates with some formal education training and experience building web pages and interactive new media.
Education and Degree Choices
Starter openings in this industry ordinarily need proper coursework in rudimentary art and design concepts. The National Association of Schools of Art and Design accredits approximately 250 post-secondary establishments with courses where pupils will earn an associate, bachelor’s, or even master’s qualification in graphic design.
In addition, trainees usually enroll in in-depth classes in the most-used industry software products that manipulate photos and drawings, such as programs produced by Adobe and Microsoft. Lessons are readily available to participants in both of the internet-based and standard campus platforms, with each method of learning features its own drawbacks and positive factors.
What is the very first action?
Improve your innovative job future with the specialty education at a school campus near you. Or maybe work on your diploma when and how you wish by enrolling in online curriculum.
Earning a diploma will involve hard work, but you can still accomplish it even around your busy daily schedule.
You could take a few minutes and go look at some possible schools.
Take a look at these options:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Design & Technical Graphics (BS)
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (AS)
- And more...
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Anchorage and AK will have more options for schools and training – other career possibilities.